The day is dawning for your long awaited getaway. This is going to be your best holiday ever and nothing is going to stand in the way of the fun that awaits you. These 10 easily overlooked items will make the world of difference to your holiday.
You are picturing your bronzed body languishing on a sun lounger beside the azure blue sea. A sparkling mojito in your hand. Ahh, what absolute bliss.
As you begin to pack, in your mind is a checklist of stuff that you need to take along. There are the obvious necessities such as;
- A swimming cozzie
- Sunglasses and
There are however, certain things that you may not have considered or might forget.
10 Essentials to pack
- An aftersun aid in case you get sunburnt. Include a lip balm with SPF.
- A small first aid kit with plasters, antiseptic, headache tablets and medication for an upset stomach. Include any medication that you may be taking.
- Insect repellant.
- Together with all of your travel documents and itinerary, include a list of emergency contacts.
- Neck wallet, money bag or waist bag. You may go on excursions and these will be very useful. Consider taking a small backpack or day bag with as well.
- Battery chargers and plug adaptors for you camera, cell phone and for any other gadgets that you may be taking along. Waterproof bags and cases are a good idea to protect all of your gizmos.
- As an added extra, consider taking a disposable waterproof camera.
- A book, to read in quiet time. Perhaps cards and a board game if you have the space in your bag.
- Weather in the tropics can sometimes be unpredictable and it can often rain. Pack a lightweight rain poncho for this eventuality as well as some warm clothing just in case.
- You don’t want to get stuck at the airport having to pay for anything such as a taxi and realising that you don’t have the correct money. Ensure that you take foreign currency with you, so you do not have to rely on exchanging money at your destination.
Your bags are now packed, locked and have name tags on them. You are ready to step out and go and make memories! Have a blast and don’t forget to share your photos with us when you get back!
If you haven’t booked a holiday to a tropical paradise yet, let us help you plan your next holiday with Your Travel Break.