Seychelles island holidays were made for relaxation, romance and pure escape. Situated on the Indian Ocean, off the coast of East Africa, the Seychelles is an archipelago made up of 115 islands. Here, you will find abundant beaches, coral reefs, nature reserves, breath-taking Seychelles resorts, rare animals, birds and marine species.
If you are daydreaming about getting away with friends, family or your partner, few destinations can compete with the level of beauty, serenity and tranquility of this island nation. With so much to see and do, it goes without saying that Seychelles island holidays are for just about everyone wanting a slice of tropical heaven!
Top things to enjoy on Seychelles island holidays
While there are many, many things to see, do and experience on Seychelles island holidays, we have hand-picked a few of our favourites. Some of the best things to see and do on a Seychelles tropical holiday include the following:
- Mahé. One of the most popular islands within the Seychelles, Mahé is a relatively busy island that is home to the capital, Victoria. Here you will find highlights such as the Victoria Market, Morne Seychellois National Park, Victoria Botanical Gardens, La Gogue Reservoir, Sauzier Waterfall, Trois Freres Peak Walk and Riviere Cascade Walk to name just a few.
- St. Anne National Marine Park. About 20 minutes from Mahé, accessed by slow boat, the beautiful St. Anne Marine National Park is made up of a few small islands. This is where you will find one of the largest amounts of seagrass on the granitic islands. Green and hawksbill turtles can often be seen, while Bottlenose Dolphins are also a common sight.
- Praslin. A three hour boat ride or a 15 minute plane trip from Mahé takes you to Praslin – a great place to explore the many islands with the Seychelles. Praslin is best-known for its palm-fringed beaches, which include the boulder-fringed Anse Georgette and Anse Lazio, and its main beach, Anse Volbert-Côte D’Or. Boasting a lush jungle and the incredible Praslin National Park, which encompasses Vallée de Mai Nature Reserve, this is a nature-lover’s paradise.
- La Digue. Known for its amazing beaches, large amounts of pink granite, and plenty of charm and tranquillity, this is a great place to relax and get away from everything. Previously a coconut plantation, La Digue is not the busiest place, but is certainly is ideal for anyone wanting some peace and quiet.
- Bird Island. Bird Island is perfect for anyone wanting to unwind and relax, while seeing some of the world’s most rare and beautiful birds. This island is covered in lush vegetation, with plenty of colourful tropical fish beneath the waters. Swimming, snorkeling and relaxation are par for the course here.
Your Seychelles Holiday
Ready to turn your Seychelles holiday dreams into a reality? Leave your details on Your Travel Break for more information on our packages to start planning your Seychelles tropical island holidays right now.