With so many attractions to see if you are on a Mauritius holiday package, it can be hard to narrow down the selection to just ten. Whatever your travel goals may be – family holiday, romantic break, honeymoon or even a getaway to enjoy some much-needed annual leave – this Indian Ocean island has something for everyone.
The best way to truly get an idea of what the island has to offer is, of course, to plan a holiday there to see for yourself. In the meantime, you can start making a bucket list of the top Mauritius attractions to see during your trip.
Must-see Mauritius attractions
In no particular order, the top Mauritius attractions that you don’t want to miss include the following:
- Île aux Cerfs. This privately owned island lies lies off Trou d’Eau Douce in a massive lagoon, in the Flacq District.
- Black River Gorges National Park. A must for every nature lover, Black River Gorges National Park is located in the hilly south-western part of the Mauritius island.
- Ganga Talao. This crater lake is situated in a secluded mountain area in the district of Savanne, roughly 1800 feet above sea level.
- Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanical Garden. Also known as the Pamplemousses Botanical Garden, this garden lies in Pamplemousses, near Port Louis. It is the oldest botanical garden in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Flic-en-Flac. The small seaside town of Flic-en-Flac lies on the western part of the island, in the district of Rivière Noire.
- Château de Labourdonnais. Château de Labourdonnais is an old sugar estate dating back to 1777. It is situated in Mapou.
- Trou aux Cerfs. This dormant 605m high volcano is located in Curepipe. At 300 – 350 meters in diameter, the crater is 80 meters deep.
- Tamarind Falls. Found in the south-west, these falls are a series of waterfalls found on the Rivière Tamarin, northwest of Mare aux Vacoas lake.
- Seven Coloured Earths. This fascinating geological formation is located the Chamarel plain of the Rivière Noire district in the south-west.
- Caudan Waterfront. Home to shops, banks, casinos, cinemas, restaurants, a marina and a hotel, this waterfront lies in Port Louis, the Mauritius’ capital.
If that is all starting to make you daydream of azure waters, white sandy beaches, lush gardens and other tropical highlights, we are here to help you plan your dream holiday. Our team of travel experts will help you find the perfect all inclusive Mauritius travel package that best suits your budget and needs.
To get started, you can leave your details in a comment below, or visit your travel break and leave your details so that we can find the perfect Mauritius holiday package for you.