Making a short list of top honeymoon destinations is no small challenge. Whether you are surprising your bride-to-be with a secret honeymoon that has been arranged and planned carefully in advance, or you are making the decision on where to go as a couple, knowing which destination to choose can be confusing at the best of times.
To help make the list a bit shorter, we have hand-picked some of the most awe-inspiring honeymoon destinations on the planet.
Our top 10 honeymoon destinations
In no particular order, some of the most magical honeymoon destinations to choose from include the following:
- Grand Gaube, Mauritius. A tiny fishing village located in the Rivière du Rempart District of northern Mauritius, you will find a lovely beach here along with a few luxury resorts. This is one of the last stops before reaching the end of the tourist areas on the island, making it remote and perfect for escaping the crowds.
- Quatre Cocos, Mauritius. Stretching from Trou d’eau Douce in the south to Palmar in the north, this area is made up of pine forests, black rock landscapes, secluded beaches and plenty of rugged beauty. This area is part of the Flacq District.
- Blue Bay, Mauritius. As its name implies, the waters here are a beautiful shade of blue. This is a great place for snorkelling and swimming, with clear water and plenty of marine life such as crabs, fish and other creatures to be seen amidst the corals.
- Sainte Anne Island, Seychelles. The largest of eight islands found in Ste Anne Marine National Park, this island forms part of the Mont Fleuri District. The island lies a few kilometres off the east coast of Mahé, boasting lush tropical vegetation that further adds to its beauty.
- Praslin Island, Seychelles. Famous for its palm-fringed beaches lined with large boulders, which include Anse Georgette and Anse Lazio, the island’s beach, Anse Volbert-Côte D’Or, looks out onto the islet, Chauve Souris. You will feel in the middle of a tropical jungle here, with a number of parks and reserves to explore.
- Ookolhufinolhu, Maldives.Located in Lhaviyani Atoll, a half-hour seaplane ride from Male International Airport, this island is fairly large in size. It boasts a lagoon and a long sandbank. Excellent diving and snorkeling are enjoyed here, with a diversity of marine to be seen, from dolphins to turtles and rays.
- South Male Atoll, Maldives. Quieter than the North Male Atoll, the South Atoll has just three inhabited islands that are spread out rather than cramped together. This means that you feel far removed from tourists and people, further adding to the sense of remote beauty.
- Kama, Zanzibar. This village lies on the Northern-West coast of Zanzibar, less than half an hour away from the historical Stone Town. If you are seeking a quiet, peaceful destination that is not too far from all the sights, this is a great choice.
- Patong, Thailand. Patong lies in Phuket, offering a quiet, small town that is full of interesting things to see and do. From street markets to shopping malls, seafood restaurants and the bustling Bangala Road that is great for walks, this area has it all.
- Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland. Heading into Europe and away from the tropics, this town is perfect if you are seeking a ski holiday for your honeymoon. The village is set in a valley, with rocky cliffs and the incredible municipality in the Swiss Alps. It encompasses the village of Lauterbrunnen, set in a valley featuring rocky cliffs and the incredible Staubbach Fall. This village is also a gateway to the Jungfrau region.
Need help planning a honeymoon that will be treasured for the rest of your lives?
Get in touch with the Travel Break team by leaving us a comment or sending us your details on Your Travel Break. We will help you select the right choice from our exceptional selection of honeymoon destinations, so that you can start planning your dream romantic escape.