Wondering when is the best time to go to Disney World? The answer to this question comes down to your budget, your preferences and your ability to deal with crowds and weather conditions.
Situated in Florida, this USA destination has become a mecca for family holidays. The popularity of this family friendly resort is what determines the best time to go to Disney World. Keep reading to get our expert tips on the best (and worst) times to plan your holiday.
Best Time to Go to Disney World
First up, let’s look at the best time to go to Disney World. Some of the best months to visit include the following:
- Mid-November to mid-December. During this time, the weather is cool, Christmas decorations are up, special events and Disney World highlights are in full swing and the crowds have not picked up. Saturdays are typically busier, and Thanksgiving is especially busy. From later in December, the crowds will increase, making it harder to enjoy the things you want to see and do.
- Early January to mid-February. Another time to plan a Disney World holiday is after New Year, from the second week of January. During this time the weather is cold. This is often the quietest time. Prices are lower. You may however find that some rides are closed for maintenance.
- Early May. In May, the weather is warm without the notorious Florida heat and humidity. Crowds and prices are moderate during this time. Memorial Day weekend will be busy – not as busy as the festive season however.
- Late August to September. Even if you go during Labor Day weekend, crowds and resort prices are at their lowest during this time. Keep in mind however that this is peak hurricane season and the weather will be very hot.
Some of the worst times to visit this destination on the other hand include the following:
- Festive Season. From Christmas until New Year, Disney World is at its most crowded and expensive. This can be a frustrating time to visit if you hate waiting in lines.
- Mid-February to Mid-April. Depending on when Easter falls, this time of year is the second busiest time after the festive season. Crowds are high during this time and holidays such as President’s Day can also be busy and expensive. The weather during this time is pleasant however.
- Midsummer. From June to early August, the resort is busy, hot and humid. If you decide to go during this time, aim to visit the parks early in the morning to beat the heat. The hours between 11h00 and 16h00 are the hottest and busiest times of day.
Once you have a better idea of the best time to go to Disney World, it will be a lot easier to plan your dream holiday.