Wondering how to find the best Maldives accommodation for your tropical holiday? Needless to say, considering its reputation as a magical honeymoon destination, the Maldives has become a haven for honeymoons and romantic travel. With so many dreamy resorts to choose from, this Indian Ocean destination is also ideal for leisure holidays as well, with warm waters, white sandy beaches, lush tropical vegetation and tranquil islands to explore.
How do you go about choosing the right Maldives accommodation for your needs? What should you be seeking to make an informed decision? Keep reading to find out more about how to choose the right place to stay in this part of the world.
How to Choose Maldives Accommodation
Some things to keep in mind when browsing Maldives accommodation include the following:
- Adults only. Choosing resorts that are adults only is recommended if you are planning a Maldives honeymoon. Family friendly resorts are great if you are travelling with kids, but if you are with your partner and aiming for a quiet escape, adult resorts offer activities and facilities that are best suited to adult visitors rather than little ones.
- All inclusive. All inclusive resorts typically include everything from accommodation and some meals to flights, accommodation, certain meals and selected activities. These are a fantastic way to save on your holiday, while still enjoying a full, well-rounded stay. If you are on a budget, this is great choice compared to non inclusive resorts, which often cost more in the long run.
- Activities. You should be able to enjoy a selected range of activities – hopefully as part of your package. Even if you have to pay a bit extra, in the Maldives, you should be able to easily book a dive course or scuba dive, snorkelling session, island cruise, tour and other activities.
- Facilities. Most of the best resorts in the Maldives offer a range of spa treatments, along with swimming pools, cocktail bars, pool bars, dining options, dive centres and other facilities. Always get a list of facilities before you book so that you know what to expect before leaving on your holiday.
- Location. Finally, it is also a good idea to consider the location. The Maldives is home to a number of atolls, each housing a number of resorts. It is also advised to read our tips on the best time to visit the Maldives to learn more about the weather during each part of the year.
Once you consider these factors, it will be a lot easier to know which Maldives accommodation is right for you and your needs.